Transition to Secondary School
- We hold a meeting with the relevant staff of the Secondary School to support transition.for all children including those with special educational needs.
- The school will ensure that children who require additional visits or nurturing sessions have increased access and provision made prior to starting their new school.
- Visual transition booklets are created as appropriate.
- Parents are encouraged throughout Year 5 and Year 6 to become involved in all discussions around transition.
- All Year 6 review meetings are held in the Autumn term.
- The school will provide support for both parents and children, in all aspects of the transition process.