View our most recent assessment data here.
Results for 2022-2023 Academic Year
- EYFS Results – 22/23 ch smaller cohort, achieving more highly than previous year (current Y2) in all areas and a higher percentage reaching overall Good Level of Development. Fewer children reaching expected in reading and writing than in number. Girls outperforming boys or girls and boys level. Focus on boys’ reading and writing in Y1.
- Y1 Phonics – 83% of children reached expected standard. Above Lancs and National. Useful to have all ch assessed on previous paper in January to identify children to target between Jan and June. Boys above Lancs and National. Girls very close. Was a dip in Lancs and Nationally in 21-22. Boys outperformed girls.
- Y2 Phonics – 68% of Y2 ch who re-took the test achieved expected level. Higher than Lancs and National. Boys in line with Lancs and National. Girls outperformed boys and above Lancs and National.
- KS1 Results – Reading 69% (Lancs 67%, National 68%). Writing 79% (Lancs 60%, National 60%). Maths 79% (Lancs 70%, National 70%). Combined above Lancs and National. Moderated this year.
- KS2 Results – Reading 74% (Lancs 72%, National 73%), Writing 86% (Lancs 71%, National 71%), Maths 61% (Lancs 73%, National 73%), GPS 85% (Lancs 72%, National 72%). School slightly above average SS for Reading and GPS, below for Maths. Looking in more depth, MA girls and PP did not perform as well as we expected. Some children invited to intervention but did not attend. Some ch with low attendance earlier in the year (Aut Term) then when attendance improved, saw v.good progress but still not expected. Combined RWM 55% (Lancs 58%, National 59%). Next steps: regular revisiting of previous learning to ensure it is retained, giving children the feeling of success; knowledge organiser homework, which worked well last year, but starting earlier and with a more gradual build up again to allow children to consolidate and experience success; November/December intervention for MA children with as reasoning focus and a greater focus on arithmetic in class to boost scores alongside; same-day interventions; SmashMaths (with tutorial vidoes), Schofield Maths over summer hols. For reading, identifying children who need help decoding, those who have good decoding skills but need to deepen understanding. Reading homework focus this year rather than grammar.
Please find below our most recent Ofsted and SIAMS reports.