The Pupil Premium is funding allocated to schools by the government for children in school from low income families who are known to be eligible for free school meals (FSM), and those who have been eligible at any point in the last six years, as well as children who have been registered as ‘looked after’, "post looked after children", adopted from care, leave care under "Special Guardianship Order" or "Child Arrangements Order."
Ormskirk C.E. Primary School Pupil Premium Grant for 2017 - 2018 is £107,320.
Ormskirk C.E. Primary School Pupil Premium Grant for 2016 - 2017 is £119,360.
Ormskirk C.E. Primary School’s Pupil Premium Grant for 2015 - 2016 was £125,700
We use our Pupil Premium funding to ensure these children make good academic progress in the following ways:
- Providing interventions before school.
- Employing staff at lunchtime to support children in positive play.
- Employing teaching assistants to support children to address their specific needs and overcome barriers to learning. This is done in class and through programmes delivered individually or in small groups.
- Reducing class sizes to improve Wave 1 high quality teaching opportunities for children.
- Subsidising school visits, particularly residentials.
- Supporting the cost of purchasing additional resources to improve children’s reading and writing attainment and progress.